The Office of Wellness and Well-Being
at the Duke Center for Healthcare Safety and Quality
In close partnership with wellness and well-being experts from across Duke and beyond, The Center for Healthcare Safety and Quality is supporting team members at Duke Health and Duke University by:
- Creating a digital hub for resources, tools, education and events on wellness and well-being.
- Proposing and advocating for improvements to the overall team member experience.
- Supporting a holistic concept of wellness and well-being that aims to create a just, sustainable, healthy, safe, and positive work environment for all.
For example, our recent efforts include:
- Developing the Duke Health Well-Being Pyramids, which allow users to quickly find the support resources they need
- Collaborating with Duke Social Work on a program that provides safe spaces for conversations around racial justice
- Co-hosting the first annual Matters of Grief Symposium with Duke Palliative Care and the Duke Bereavement Advisory Council.
The Pyramids help you navigate our extensive collection of well-being offerings, from toolkits to help lines, with a simple visual. If you’d like some tailored support, our Decision Aid will give you a personalized starting point.
Just a few of the many resources you’ll find while navigating our Well-Being Pyramid webpages include:
- Over 50 recorded meditations from the Center team, Duke Gardens, and Duke Integrative Medicine.
- Over 15 evidence based, bite-sized resilience tools that can be completed in just minutes a day.
- On-site support teams ranging from Chaplain Services to the Caring for Each Other team.
- Contact numbers for Duke, state-wide, and national support and crisis lines.
Our Wellness and Well-Being Partners
Our work to enhance the team member experience would not be possible without our expert partners, including:
- Duke University Health System (DUHS) Patient Safety & Clinical Quality Office
- Offices of the Chief Medical/Chief Nursing Officers of DUHS
- Duke Office of Durham and Community Affairs
- Human Resources
- Duke Health & Well-Being
- Personal Assistance Services
- Employee Occupational Health and Wellness
- Private Diagnostic Clinic
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Social Work
- Duke Palliative Care
- Duke Student Wellness
- Chaplain Services
- Department of Medicine
- Duke Gardens
- Nasher Museum of Art
- Healthy Duke